This Policy applies in circumstances where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of your personal information.
In this Policy, “this website” includes alexandrakeenan.com and all pages on it; the Alexandra Keenan Communications email newsletter; and all pages, groups or profiles operated by Alexandra Keenan Communications on social media. “We” refers to Alexandra Keenan Communications.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may receive, store and process any information that you enter on this website or give us in any other way, including through automated processes such as Google Analytics. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email address, and any other information that you provide when you register for a workshop, event or coaching session.
In particular, we may collect, store and process the following types of personal information:
• information about your use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
• information that you make available on social media such as your name, email address, profile picture and gender, if you use the social media features on alexandrakeenan.com or engage with us on social media;
• information that you provide when you sign up for the email newsletter;
• information contained in any communication that you make with us by email, telephone, video, in person or through the contact form on this website;
• information that you provide when you buy a product or service;
• information related to transactions for the purchase of products or services; and
• information collected in the course pf providing products or services to you.
Alexandra Keenan Communications does not receive or collect your credit card information. Payments made through the Shop are processed by Stripe and payments made through the Appointments Scheduler are made through Square, neither of which is not subject to this Policy. You may choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information is required in order to register for workshops or events; use our services; participate in surveys, contests or promotions; ask us questions; or perform other transactions on this website.
We do not accept personal information directly from people under 18 years of age. If we receive personal information from a person we know to be under 18 years of age, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child and inform them that we must have parental consent before receiving their personal information.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information about that individual. If you are not the parent or guardian of that person, you should obtain their consent or the consent of their parent or guardian before providing us with their personal information.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The “Help” section of your browser will likely tell you how to change your cookie settings.
Please note that if your refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access all of the features of this website.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of our products and services and to receive timely notices of updates to our business and blog. One way we do this is through our email newsletter, which you can subscribe to using the form at the bottom of every page on this website.
We typically send a newsletter once a month, but we will occasionally send them more often if we have information or services that we want to share with you.
We may send you periodic email newsletters if you:
• subscribe to the newsletter using the form on this website;
• give your verbal or written consent to receive electronic marketing materials; or
• purchase products or services from us.
We will store your name and email address in a database at our email service provider. We collect personal usage data such as how often you open and read our emails, and the links you click from within our emails. This tracking helps us ensure that we provide a high quality newsletter with content that is relevant for our subscribers.
We will never spam you, and each email newsletter you receive will include a link that allows you to opt-out of our system. We will remove your personal information from our email marketing list immediately when you unsubscribe. However, if you have purchased products or services from us we may send you related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without giving you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information about you for the following general purposes:
• to deliver our products and services;
• to communicate with you regarding your purchases, including any updates;
• to respond to your questions and comments;
• to measure interest in and improve our products, services and website;
• to notify you of special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you;
• to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
• to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
• to administer this website and our business;
• to keep proper transaction records and comply with our legal obligations;
• to prevent prohibited or illegal activities;
• to protect the rights, property or vital interests of our business, our customers or any other person;
• to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes;
• to establish or exercise our legal rights;
• to defend against legal claims; and
• any other purposes described to you when we collect the information.
We may disclose your personal information:
• to third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf (such as credit card processing, business analytics, marketing, fraud prevention, insurance and professional advice) where such information is reasonably necessary for the provision of those services or functions;
• to business partners with whom we jointly offer products and services that you have purchased (the name of the third party will appear, either alone or with ours, on the product or service listing in our online store);
• to our insurers and/or professional advisors, where reasonably necessary to maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain professional advice or protect our legal rights;
• to our payment service providers, to the extent necessary for them to process payments, issue refunds, and respond to queries or complaints; and
• where disclosure is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation or protect our legal right
In any case other than those set out above, we will notify you when your personal information will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We may share aggregate or anonymous information (such as the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular programs that we offer) with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information.
We will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above. Unless otherwise indicated, we will retain your personal information for a minimum period of 2 years and a maximum period of 10 years following its collection. However, we may retain your personal information for a longer period if necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to participate fully in legal proceedings or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
At any time, you may:
• request a copy of your personal information that is held by us;
• have any inaccurate information about you corrected; and/or
• have any incomplete information about you completed.
We will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity, and if the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information. The first copy will be provided free of charge but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable administrative fee.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
While no website can guarantee complete security, we take administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the personal information that you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for purposes related to carrying out our business and providing good customer service.
If any part of this website links to another website, that site does not operate under this Policy. We recommend that you read the policy statements posted on the other websites you visit in order to understand their policies with respect to collecting using and disclosing personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Any modifications will be effective upon being posted on this website. You should therefore read this Policy before you place an order. Your continued use of this website after any modifications to this Policy indicates your acceptance of the modified Policy.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Policy will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada. Any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this Policy will be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or anything else not his website, please contact us.